|Title:||Customer Service Rep|
Don's & Ben's, Gabriels, Brand stores
San Antonio, TX
(Full Time – Regular), (Part Time) or Seasonal
Title: Retail Customer Service Representative
Department: Retail Store
Reports to: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Looking for energetic people who enjoy greeting and assisting customers with product answers or suggestions at our stores. This is a fast pace environment with high standards for store appearance and providing fast and friendly service to our customers. Responsible for completing point of sales, utilizing Retail Pro, and maintaining compliance with Texas and Federal Laws governing the sale and distribution of alcohol and tobacco products in retail outlets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Point of Sale:
- Performs basic point of sale transactions using the Retail Pro Sales and Inventory System and supporting processes and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of products through liquor/wine/beer books and magazines or through on-line corporate sanctioned training.
- Performs cash and credit card transactions including printing customer receipts.
- Performs product price verifications using Retail Pro or in-store corporate product update memos.
2. Customer Service:
- Greet each customer as they enter the store
- Thank each customer as they exit the store.
- Assist customers with finding the appropriate product. Share your knowledge with customers regarding our new or different products.
- Ask each customer if they need additional items to complement their purchase (i.e. limes and salt with a tequila purchase).
- Responsible for cleaning all public areas to include bathrooms, counters, parking areas near or around the store front, sales floor, coolers, backroom storage areas and employee break room/kitchen.
- Responsible for insuring signage is neat (no hand-written signs), clean and free from tears and “doodles”. Advises Floor Supervisor of damaged or destroyed signage.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area around cash registers and behind sales counters.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Knowledge of standard cash register operations to include Windows-based inventory management systems or other point-of-sale system.
- Knowledge of basic retail sales procedures.
- Ability to add and subtract at the high school/GED graduate level.
- Ability to interact with customers on a one-to-one basis.
- Skilled at counting money and making change.
- Ability to enforce and adhere to Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission and State Comptroller sales guidelines for sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
- Skilled at solving customer service situations with an outcome beneficial to both customer and company.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Six months experience in the retail industry or equivalent.
- Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission Certification
- Must be able to stand and/walk 95% of time spent on the job.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms above head and below knee level.
- Must be able to stoop and/or kneel.
- Must be able to speak English clearly.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs to waist level.
- Must be able to lift single bottles of product from floor-level to above shoulder level. Approximate maximum weight of 2 lbs.
- Must have clear vision (with or without correction) at 20 inches or less.
- Must be able to work in a retail store environment.
- Must be able to work in low to moderate noise environments.
Must be available to work between 10:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday including all holidays, which are considered regular work days (except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day). Part-time schedules are subject to operational needs.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge/skills and/or abilities deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individual may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all inclusive.
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind. Employment is at-will.