Gabriel GP, Inc.
10903 Gabriel’s Place
San Antonio, TX 78217
(Full Time – Regular)
Title: District Manager
Department: Assigned Stores
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Salary
Position Summary: Responsible for the oversight of a specified set or region of retail locations appointed by the Director of Operations. Responsible for providing on the job training to retail store managers and advanced training to store manager trainees. Said training is to be accomplished within a pre-established training period. Position is responsible for submitting required evaluations to the Director of Operations and Human Resources. Directly responsible for training and successful transfer of operational knowledge and skills to managers. Responsible for each step of the manager training process outlined in the manager training manual. Responsible for identifying potential manager in training candidates. The District Manager must be proactive and have the ability to recognize if a manager trainee is ready after the 30 day training period to operate in the field. Must have excellent people and communication skills and be able to lead and forge long productive relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training Competencies:
- Ability to perform / train basic point of sale transactions using the Retail Pro Sales and Inventory System and supporting processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
- Maintains a working knowledge of products through liquor/wine/beer books and magazines or through on-line corporate sanctioned training.
- Conducts regular team meetings that are motivational, informative, and that collect information about the store and customers.
- Cash Register Operations:
- Increase sales/profits and controls store expenses
- Ability to perform cash and credit card transactions including printing customer receipts.
- Ability to perform product price verifications using Retail Pro or in-store corporate product update memos.
- Responsible for ensuring store managers immediately report to the IT Director at Corporate any hardware/software problems.
- Responsible for ensuring managers have cash drawers and external cash containers secured and properly placed out of sight.
- Responsible for insuring managers are keeping all product displays are neat and stocked in all retail locations.
- Responsible for insuring mangers are keeping promotional items in stock and available for the customer in all retail locations.
- Responsible for insuring new product information is provided to store managers / employees.
- Responsible for insuring product shelf tags are neat, clean and display the correct price and inventory management information.
- Notifying Purchasing Department of minimum/maximum adjustments required optimizing sales and inventory turns.
4. Manpower/Staffing Requirements:
- When sending manager trainee to permanent site or transferring someone, an evaluation should precede the move so the 2nd store manager knows the status of the individual’s progress.
- Responsible for insuring new employees are provided the necessary training to effectively complete their duties and responsibilities as outlined in their job description.
- Responsible for advising Human Resources at Corporate of employee training shortfalls or proficiency problems.
- Responsible for scheduling assigned employees in order to maintain a safe and secure work environment while meeting operational requirements.
- Responsible for insuring employees are meeting scheduled work hours weekly.
- Responsible for reporting “No Call/No Shows” to the HR Department using the approved HR forms by retail mangers.
- Responsible for reporting to HR or Director of Operations any employee adverse action which prevents the store from operating effectively.
- Responsible for covering store managers schedules when no other coverage is available.
- Responsible for visiting each assigned store, within reason, during a two week period to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with company marketing/merchandising and high standards of store appearance.
5. Inventory Control and Management:
- Responsible for insuring stock is adequately stocked using cycle-counting, in- store shelving spot checks and min/max reports in Retail Pro as required by Corporate.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting to Corporate any slow sales or obsolete products.
- Responsible for communicating purchase order problems to either stores or corporate to facilitate corrective actions.
- Responsible for picking up damaged product in a timely manner.
- Responsible for out of date product pick up.
6. Store Security:
- Responsible for insuring Managers are properly trained in opening procedures and bank deposits.
- Responsible for insuring Key Holder or Closers are properly trained on all aspects of store closing operations.
- Responsible for insuring all retail locations are opened by 10:00 a.m. on a daily basis and advising Corporate of any problems occurring.
- Responsible for answering alarm calls for each assigned store on an “On Call” basis, 24 hours a day.
- Responsible for insuring all public areas to include bathrooms, counters, parking areas near or around the store front, sales floor, coolers, backroom storage areas and employee break room/kitchen are cleaned by the retail staff as outlined in their job description.
- Responsible for insuring a clean and organized work area around cash registers and behind sales counters is kept at all times by retail staff.
- Responsible for insuring signage is neat (no hand-written signs), clean and free from tears and “doodles”.
- Insuring all outside signage is lit and in good condition.
- Responsible for ensuring all posting store licenses according to Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission (TABC) requirements are up to date by retail mangers.
- Responsible for maintaining on file employee TABC training completion certificates are up to date by retail managers.
- Responsible for maintaining required documentation pertaining to sales, purchase orders, transfers, breakage/leakage/returns, cycle counts and any other pertinent files are done by store managers.
- Responsible for miscellaneous administrative duties as required by Corporate.
- Responsible for maintaining files documenting information flow to and from stores.
- Prior experience in Beverage Industry
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service
- Knowledge of standard cash register operations to include Windows-based inventory management systems or other point-of-sale system.
- Knowledge of basic retail sales procedures.
- Knowledge of Opening / Closing procedures of retail locations
- Thinks strategically and understands the business
- Evaluates, prioritizes, plans, delegates, administrates and adapts to business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to motivate team members to meet goals and objectives to improve performance.
- Ability to interact with employees and customers on a one-to-one basis.
- Skilled at counting money and making change.
- Ability to enforce and adhere to Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission and State Comptroller sales guidelines for sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
- Skilled at solving customer service situations with an outcome beneficial to both customer and company.
- Leadership Skills
- Listening Skills
- Ability to add and subtract at the high school/GED graduate level.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Five years experience in the retail industry or equivalent.
- One year management experience.
- Outstanding leadership skills with ability to mentor and lead by example.
- Proven ability to network, recruit, train, develop and promote quality people.
- Computer Knowledge (proficient in Office, Email)
- Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission Certification
- Must be able to stand and/walk 95% of time spent on the job.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms above head and below knee level.
- Must be able to stoop and/or kneel.
- Must be able to speak English clearly.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs to waist level.
- Must be able to lift single bottles of product from floor-level to above shoulder level. Approximate maximum weight of 2 lbs.
- Must have clear vision (with or without correction) at 20 inches or less.
- Must be able to work in a retail store environment.
- Must be able to work in low to moderate noise environments.
- Ability to travel to stores weekly.
Must be available to work between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday including all holidays, which are considered regular work days (except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day). Must be available to answer alarm calls 24 hours a day, on call.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge/skills and/or abilities deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individual may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all inclusive.
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind. Employment is at-will.