|Title:||Tech Support Specialist (Software)|
Technical Support Specialist (Software)
Administer/oversee/maintain retail software policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing. Duties include documenting and formulating policies and procedures for the retail software package and recommending policies and practices to management. Security Administrator & Help Desk resources for retail software.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical – the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Delegation – the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership – the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills – the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management – individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Education, Experience, Knowledge:
- Associates Degree in area of expertise or technical school equivalent.
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient at the expert level in Windows applications and programs.
- Knowledge of general business regulations pertaining to Systems Security at the Corporate level.
Position requires the ability to sit, stand and walk during shift. May be required to stand for long periods of time when performing training or systems maintenance. Lifting up to 25 pounds required occasionally.